If you want to make a purchase while in Boston, there is select merchandise at the Market Stalls on the second floor of the Boston Design Center. Our booth at the Design Center has models, blueprints, paintings, lighting and other home decor and antiques for sale.
Passed through the colonial home where the we have opened the new Lannan Gallery were two prominent families of original Massachusetts settlers and builders of the towns surrounding the south shore of Boston. The Jacobs, sailing from England, settled the town of Hingham and after two generations migrated to another waterfront enclave, Scituate. Dr. Joseph Jacob built his ancestral homestead on the land, that is the present day Lannan Gallery, in the 1700s. Upon his passing, the house was purchased in 1794 by Col Enoch Collamore (1745-1824), a Minuteman during the relief of Boston at the Lexington alarm. It was here that a stagecoach was operated on the Boston-Plymouth lines. The home remained in the Collamore family for two generations, during which time Scituate became incorporated as the town of Norwell, when it passed to son John Collamore and he raised his family on these grounds.
Among the children produced by John Collamore and wife Michal Curtis was Davis Collamore (1820-1887). After a typical elite education in Massachusetts, Davis moved to New York City to assist his brother in the pottery importing business. After two short years, Collamore branched out on his own and grew to be not only one of the most successful retailers of porcelain and cut glass, competing with giants such as Tiffany & Co. and Black, Starr & Frost, he became one of the most sought after marketing minds in the business revered by employees and contemporaries alike.
Researched & Compiled by Susan Donnelly