America's Cup Challenger "Valkyrie III"

Lannan Gallery

31416-579

Valkyrie III, a keel cutter, was designed by George Lennox Watson and built at the D&W Henderson on the River Clyde in 1894-1895 for a syndicate including Lord Londsale, Lord Wolverton, Captain Henry McCalmont and headed by Lord Dunraven of the Royal Yacht Squadron. Valkyrie III had a steel frame, a hull planked with American elm and teak, and a pine deck.

Overall Dimensions: 71" L x 10" W x 72 1/2" H


Related Items