Blunt And Company Maritime Compass

Lannan Gallery

6692

Mid nineteenth century ships compass by Blunt and Company of New York. The Blunt name was involved in the maritime trade from 1824 to 1885. The name Blunt and Co. was used from 1868 to 1872 by Edmund Blunt Jr. This is a spun brass bowl compass fitted to a dovetailed wood box. No lid. Circa 1870.

Overall Dimensions: 7"H x 10"L x 10"D
Made: American
Material: Brass/Wood
Date: Circa 1870


Related Items