Brass Ships Masthead Lantern

Lannan Gallery

6678

Solid brass nineteenth century ships masthead lantern with brass label from "Gillian's 30 South William St., New York. Dioptric lens, patented August 10, 1852. Brooklyn Flint Glass Company". Polished rope twist form handle, vented chimney with double crown, flat back with hinged door and two mounting tabs. Side with four tether rings. Fitted with protective brass bars. Very rare, very early example of a American ships lantern from the Clipper Ship Era. Circa 1855.

Overall Dimensions: 19"H x 12"L x 9"D


Related Items